The River Valley Area Agency on Aging plans and supervises programs and services dedicated to improving the quality of life for older adults and people with disabilities. The River Valley Area Agency on Aging is a function of the River Valley Regional Commission (RVRC) headquartered in Columbus, Georgia.
The River Valley Area Agency on Aging provides seniors and people with disabilities the opportunities to maintain their activity, independence, and dignity through a comprehensive, coordinated system of services and support. The River Valley Area Agency on Aging assesses need, advocates for seniors, engages community support, coordinates program funding, and monitors and evaluates the work of service providers to ensure that seniors and people with disabilities receive high quality assistance.
Areas of Service in Georgia
Create and sustain a livable community that promotes health and well-being for older adults and disabled persons. This will be achieved through information, education and accessibility to services and resources promoted through the River Valley Area Agency on Aging ADRC- Aging and Disability Resource Connection – and community collaborations.
- Be consumer oriented in answering the needs and questions to our community and respect the self-worth of all people.
- Have the forethought to be proactive in the evolving future of change.
- Keep the data base updated and accurate in providing the best screening and assessments possible.
- Respond to the changing needs of our community and advocate in their behalf.
- Actively pursue new partnerships and continue to establish trust and commitment from those in existence.
- Promote the use of prevention benefits in securing a healthy future and in ensuring everyone has the opportunity to “Age in Place”.
- Strive for excellence.
- The River Valley Area Agency on Aging continually stays abreast of the core values of the Division of Aging Services and the Administration on Aging. These values are incorporated into our principles and provide the roadmap as we strive to live and age well.